I use a number of tools throughout this training - I did my best to find all FREE ones, but some of they are not. The one main tool I STRONGLY suggest you pay for is SEM Rush
. In my mind, it's the only link building tool you need. However, here's a complete list of all the tools I use on a regular basis and the ones throughout this training.Key:
🏆 = Must have tools
Testing the quality of link opportunities:
- SEM Rush - $89.95/month - SEM Rush gives you back link data, keyword rankings and estimated traffic to a given domain. This is incredibly important for link building because a quality link drives traffic. SEM Rush is the only tool that gives an accurate picture of traffic potential.
NOTE: Ahrefs has made incredible strides over the last year and can be used instead of SEM Rush. While I still recommend having both, if you're on a budget go with Ahrefs.
- Moz Bar - FREE - This browser extension helps to understand the Domain Authority of a prospect. DA is scored on a range of 100 - the higher, the better. It's best to stay away from low DA websites, as they won't provide much ranking impact.
- Bulk Domain Authority Checker - FREE - Allows you to dump up to 200 URLs and scrape their DA, PR, IP and more.
- Majestic SEO - FREE - This browser extension helps to analyze how many backlinks are pointing to a link prospect and the quality of that link prospect.
- Similar Web - FREE - This browser extension helps you understand the total level of traffic flowing through a prospective domain.
Finding an email address:
Tools to help with outreach:
- Boomerang - FREE - Schedules auto follow up emails from your Gmail.
- Steak - FREE - CRM and inbox organization for Gmail.
- Pitchbox - PAID - this tool is the most expensive on the list, but if you're doing outreach at scale it's the #1 tool we recommend.